Tour Package Price
$100. 00 per person
Lodging is NOT included
Please click here and consult the Lodging Page to make reservations
For More Information, click here.
- 6 p.m.—Tour Orientation
- Keystone Business Center - 402 Norris Avenue
- Attendance is Required
- This orientation will last approximately one (1) hour.
- A naturalist will give a presentation on the Greater Prairie Chicken, viewing blind etiquette and how the following morning’s tour will take place.
- Time TBD-Pick up
- The departure time is dependent on weather forecast and the sunrise and can not be determined in advance.
- The departure time will be announced at the orientation the night before.
- Time TBD—Arrival at Lek
- Once you arrive at the lek, you will be escorted into the viewing trailer.
- You will be given ample time to situate yourself and get comfortable.
- You will be in this viewing trailer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and will not be allowed to leave so as not to disrupt the mating dance.
- 8:30 ish—Breakfast
- The group will be transported back to McCook to enjoy a hot breakfast .
Optional activities for you to do on your own in the scenic Red Willow/McCook area.
- Go on a Scavenger Hunt at Red Willow Reservoir, Barnett Park and Red Willow Creek Diversion Dam.
- You will be provided with maps and a listing of birds and wildlife you might be able to see at those locations.
- Visit the Museum of the High Plains
- Tour the Senator George Norris State Historic Site
- Golf at Heritage Hills Golf Course
- Shop in or just stroll through Historic Downtown McCook